Thursday, April 12, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos

Original Tacos 
I highly recommend making these for two reasons. The first being they are so easy to make since the recipe only requires chicken, garlic, diced green chilies, onion, salsa, and ground cumin to sit in the slow cooker on low for 8 hours, and second reason is they are delicious. The chicken is so tender and shreds so easily into smaller pieces, and the juices from the salsa are absorbed into the meat so it's juicy. The only problem is that the juices made my tortilla fall apart, so I would recommend draining the meat a little bit before setting it on the tortilla. I served mine with cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. I didn't use tomatoes because there is salsa already mixed in with the meat. I will make this recipe again because it's easy to make and you can leave the house for the day while it cooks. The original recipe can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment