Thursday, April 12, 2012

Banana Cupcakes with Butter Cream Cheese Frosting

Original Cupcake
Okay, I will be the first to admit that my cupcake is obviously a lot less prettier than the original, however, I would like to think it tasted just as good (maybe even better). There were a few things that I changed to save me money and time. Instead of making the cupcakes from scratch like the original recipe calls for I instead used a box mix from Betty Crocker. Also, I couldn't find any Dulce de Leche candies at my grocery store, so I opted to melt small caramel candies and drizzle it over the cupcakes. In theory I thought this idea was a great alternative, however, I didn't really think it through and the caramel hardened quite a bit. Although, the caramel still tasted quite good, it was hard to eat and came off in chunks so you didn't exactly look graceful while eating it. If I were to make this recipe again, I would find Dulce de Leche candies, and use a frosting utensil so the cupcakes look prettier. However, I think my use of the box mix for the banana cupcake was a good idea because it saved me time and was less expensive. The original recipe can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment